Fee, Policy and Procedure Information
- Sibling discounts - 2 children receive 5% off total fees, 3 or more children receive 10% off total fees.
- Term fees are due within the first 14 days from the start of term. Fees not paid after 21 days from the start of term will incur a $50 late fee without warning.
- Cash, cheque, bank cheque and direct deposit are acceptable. No fees are payable by post.
- Please make cheques payable to "Classical Ballet Centre Canberra".
- Trial class of any style for old/new students will require payment if continuing for remainder of term.
- Pro rata adjustments are made for new students, and for at least 4 consecutive weeks within the same term for returning students upon written application prior to the beginning of term.
- Fees are based on school terms however the year generally starts the week or two after school resumes and ends the week or two before school finishes. Not all terms are 10 weeks long.
- All fees are non-refundable, except on presentation of a medical certificate.
- Reception is open most afternoons and on Saturday morning, see the website for more information.
- Classes are held on the last Saturday of term (first day of school holidays).
- Up to two missed lessons may be made up during term time with any age appropriate class EXCEPT during viewing weeks. This does not include classes missed due to Public Holidays, however avoidance of viewing weeks still apply.
- Fees do not include exam coaching classes, holiday classes, costume hire and accessories for exams and end-of-year performances. For more information see the website.
- No refunds are given for public holidays. See point k. above.
- Students whose fees are outstanding may not be re-enrolled for the following term.
- Students who are ill may be isolated and/or sent home.
- CBCC reserves the right to withdraw any student at any time. Current term fees will be refunded in full.
- Students are asked not to arrive or leave the studio wearing only dance clothes.
- All choreography remains the property of CBCC and may only be performed with the permission of the Director.
- Absolutely no gum is allowed on the premises.
- Physical contact is necessary by members of the faculty and assistants to demonstrate exercises, try on costumes etc. and to administer first aid.
- Students must wait inside the building for pick-up.
- Parents of children with diagnosed asthma or other serious conditions must make personal contact with the Director prior to students' first lesson. It is recommended extra asthma medication is left at reception in a named, plastic container with full instructions.
- Leave all valuables and money at home. We cannot be responsible for lost items.
- Older students are required to read and abide by the Student Code of Conduct placed on each studio door.
- Students changing dance schools are asked to please advise the previous school.
- Students are not to participate in dance styles outside CBCC if they are available at CBCC.
- Students wishing to attend external summer schools, dance classes, workshops etc., outside CBCC must advise the Director.
For any enquiries regarding policies please contact Lorraine Bennett (Director) via email or telephone 0417 060 098.